Thursday, February 27, 2014

How did I get into soap making?

I have been asked how in the world I got involved with making my own soap.  The answer is simple...  I have been buying handmade soap from others for about three years now.  I love it.  The more scent the better for me.  I have shopped at craft sales, I have bought from Mother Earth News Fair vendors, I have purchased off Ebay and I have randomly shopped other peoples sites online.  I have never had a bad bar of handmade soap and loved them all..

The thing is, this kind of stuff is right up my alley.  I make my own homemade laundry soap, all purpose cleaners, laundry balls and crayon lipstick with my daughter Camille.  I enjoy doing things like this and I just decided to add soap making to my list of hobbies.  Thus far I am really loving the satisfaction of seeing a beautiful bar of soap emerge from fats and lye.

Each batch will be different and each scent will probably become my favorite.



So HEY YOU, yeah Y-O-U, why don't you leave me a comment on what scents are your favorite to inspire my future batches..

No comments:

Post a Comment