Friday, February 28, 2014

Soap Bar #2 Mint Chocolate Mocha

This is the soap that I have pictured in my header currently.  I love mint, I love chocolate and I love my coffee so this was a bar I selfishly did for ME.  I used a bit of a different recipe as far as the oils I used and I got the base ingredients and measurements out of a book I borrowed from the library called "Clean, Naturally - recipes for body, home and spirit" by Sandy Maine.  This is a really good book worth checking out.  There are several soap recipes as well as cleaners and creams.  I literally read this book from cover to cover.

These bars are still curing and will be ready for sale the first week of April 2014.  I can honestly say that they have my house smelling so wonderful just by sitting on a rack curing on my counter.  I personally can't wait to use it.  I keep thinking that this would be a great kitchen sink soap.  There are actual coffee ground in the soap so it will be a little exfoliating and the mint smell would  help wash off any stinky onion or garlic smells from your hands after cooking.  I of course will be using it in the shower to help WAKE UP in the morning.

I just love the looks of it:



Mint Chocolate Mocha Recipe:

24 oz Olive Oil
24 oz Coconut Oil
38 oz Vegetable Shortening (Crisco)
12 oz Sodium Hydroxide - lye
32 oz water
2 tablespoons cocoa powder for coloring
1/4 c expresso coffee grounds and juice squeezed through coffee filter
3 oz. Organic Peppermint Essential Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment