Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Soap Bar #1 Orange Cinnamon Spice

What a better way to track the soaps I make than to blog about each one.  This will show my readers what I have been making and it will help me to document what I used in each recipe for future bars if they become favorites.

The Orange Cinnamon Spice is already one of my favorites.  I am using it right now in my shower.  The lather is perfect, not to little, not to much.

Currently I am making Cold Processed Soaps.  I really like this method and I am becoming more comfortable making soap this way.  Through some trial and errors I am figuring out how to make my soap get to trace a little quicker.  I started by hand stirring with a spoon and it literally would take me an hour and a half of constant stirring and stirring and stirring....ugh!  Who has time for that??!!

I found an ancient hand mixer at Goodwill one day for $3 so I bought it to give that a try.  When I say ancient, I mean it:


So far I can honestly say that has been the best $3 I've spent.  Only thing is, I'm not sure how much life it has in it.  It seems like its overheating after about three minutes of use.  So I usually pulse and turn off and stir, then pulse and turn off and stir.  My trace time has pretty much been cut in half so for now this works for me!!

The Orange Cinnamon Spice soap turned out really nice.  I felt inspired to add some real orange peels to it since there just happened to be a big ole bowl of oranges sitting on my counter at the time and I thought it just might make the soap look pretty.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was pleased.


You will notice that my bars are all different shapes and sizes.  I cut my bars of soap by hand thus giving it that made at home look even more, which I love!

Orange Cinnamon Spice Recipe:

32 oz Organic Palm Kernal Oil
30 oz Coconut Oil
25 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
11.75 oz Sodium Hydroxide
32 oz water
3 oz  Orange Cinnamon Essential Oil
1/3 c of dried orange peel finely chopped



No comments:

Post a Comment