Thursday, March 6, 2014

Homemade Laundry Soap Day

About twice a year I make a five gallon bucket full of homemade laundry soap for my family of seven to use.  I started this over two years ago and will probably honestly never go back to commercial laundry detergents.  I love that I can change the smell up by adding different scented laundry enhancers with each batch to keep things fresh to the nose.  I personally am a smell freak and I love to smell my clothes.   I would not change a thing about the recipe as our clothes are very clean and deodorized.  None of us have sensitive skin so the ingredients work well for us.  If you have sensitive skin I have read to eliminate the OxyClean from the recipe.

For Christmas I usually give a few bags away as gifts so I find myself running low quicker than usual.  In case your wondering, this make a great gift that the receivers remember and are very thankful for.

I recently decided to step up and rent a spot at a local primitive craft shop to display my soaps and see if there is any interest.  I felt this laundry soap was mighty appropriate to put in the Stacy's Soap Suds display.

So if your wondering if I am going to quit gabbing and just give you the recipe already, I have to confess that I found this recipe on Pintrest so I take no credit in developing this great mixture.  I took the idea from the website www.howdoesshe.com.  Click HERE for the link to the laundry soap post.  I have enjoyed this detergent very much and everyone I've shared it with to this point loves it too.  I have a great testimony to this laundry soap as I have five children and two of them have special needs and are not potty trained yet at eight years old.  We clean lots of messy clothes in our household!!!

This was the starting point for me on making my own cleaning supplies and soaps.  It was a great first step and I am glad I took that first step!!

No comments:

Post a Comment