Friday, March 7, 2014

Soap Bar #3 Milk, Oats & Honey

I was inspired one morning as I sat and ate my oatmeal to make a Milk, Oat and Honey soap bar.  I have seen many beautiful photos online of this kind of soap and even a few recipes that I may someday try.  For this bar I stayed with my fabulous recipe base I learned from the soaping class I took from Quiet Creek Herb Farm.  When you sign up for the class there not only do you get detailed instruction you also get a little booklet written by Rusty Orner himself.  I refer to it each time I make soap.  He mentioned making a Milk, Oat and Honey bar and the fact that it reminds him of breakfast and could easily be called a breakfast bar.

One thing I have learned from parenting my twins with Autism and Down Syndrome is that I cannot label anything something it is not.. (ex. breakfast soap... they would eat it)

This particular soap is very good for people with sensitive skin.  I added no essential oil scents to it yet it smells amazing.  I love the coloring that came out and the oats you can see throughout.  They are ground up organic oats so you shouldn't end up with a bowl full of oatmeal at the end of your shower.



This is still on the curing rack and I am anxious to give it a try soon. The recipe is as follows:

Milk, Oats & Honey Bar

32 oz Organic Palm Kernal Oil
30 oz Coconut Oil
25 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
11.75 oz Sodium Hydroxide
32 oz water
1/3 c ground organic oats
1/3 c powdered milk
1/3 c local raw honey

Already have a few of these babies reserved for sale when they are done curing.  I think this will be a good seller!  You can get your bar for only $4.00, just shoot me an email at soapsudstacy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment